Verses

If anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. - 2 Timothy 2:21 (ESV)

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:19 (ESV)

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

To Witness A Miracle.

I only peeked over the "beach shield", as they call it, one time. Once was more than enough. The rest of the time, I willingly allowed the blue sheet to block my view of the surgery field while the doctor performed the C-section. As I sat beside my beautiful wife with my left hand holding hers and my right hand gently squeezing her shoulder, we soon heard a cry. Puddles began to form in Stef's eyes. It's impossible to keep tears from coming as new life enters the world. I don't see how anyone can deny the existence of a creator who's ever witnessed the miracle of birth. Not long after the first cry, we heard another. The babies were quickly swept away to an adjoining room and cared for by a team of nurses. I didn't count, but I'm guessing there were 15 people in the operating room. One nurse called it a birthday party. Another nurse quipped "good job on the human-making." I kind of felt like saying "we had nothing to do with it." Stef might feel differently as she just carried these two little beings inside her for 37 weeks, but she would understand what I mean. God has done this! We just witnessed a miracle!
In the Operating Room.

And Praise The Lord! Mama and babies are doing great. We may be able to leave as early as tonight (Wednesday, the 6th).

Sweetness.

Specs:

Sylvia Kay 5lbs. 4oz., 18.25in., born 3:51pm, 8/4/2014
Sullivan Ray 5lbs. 7oz., 19 in., born 3:52pm, 8/4/2014

Sylvia on the left. Sullivan on the right.

Some interesting facts:

My Grandma Nola Wuethrich's birthday is 8/4
Cay is Mom's (Connie's) middle name. (We changed the spelling slightly.)
Ray is Dad's (Steve's) middle name.
My Dad, my two brothers, and I all have the initials S.R.B. Sullivan (the youngest of the Shane and Stefanie clan) will continue this tradition.
Elliott Bahler (Stefanie's sister Marissa's first child) weighed almost as much as the twins combined when he was born! He was 10lbs. 6oz.; the twins combined for 10lbs. 11oz.


"So you were the one kicking me!"
Seven vessels.
Proud big brothers and sister.





8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats!!

    (You have been in my prayers and will continue!)

    Sarah (& Klint) F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Congrats! We will be praying that the transition home goes smooth!! Love to you all! Libby and Caden were SO excited to see the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...beautiful family. Love these updates, guys. We'll be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rejoicing with you! Paul knows all about peeking over that blue curtain...just once :) Love the picture of all SEVEN of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. new life truly is awe inspiring. so glad you are all doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praising God for you all! Thank goodness for C-sections because I might not have made it through my first delivery! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are SO sweet!! Love the family picture, and Stef looks so beautiful with her sweet twins!

    ReplyDelete